Off to a good start...

Well one of my resolutions was to make 2 cards either identical or alike, this is a great time saver.  Some cards its not easy to do... So I will just leave those and put it down to 'Special' cards.  My nephew Reuben had his birthday, my son gave me the idea - as he reminded me he was into football!  I dug out a retired hexagon punch which was perfect to make the ball, stuck them down and used a circle die to get the shape.  Love the fact that the gorgeous grunge stamp set came to save the day again- this time used as mud splatters and grass.  The large numbers from Number of Years stamp set helped to personalise it with the number.  The Birthday sentiment came from a new set which is now available from the Spring Summer Catalogue called Birthday Bright. I actually surprised myself how much I have returned to the set, the Birthday sentiment is large enough to fill a chunk of space.

I watched a few You Tube videos on how to make tassels, so I gave it a go with the method of wrapping the gold twine around a few times... It may not be perfect but didn't think it was to bad for my first attempt.  Think it looks cute and adds that touch of luxury to the card.  My work colleague loves the colours orange and purple, so I try and use them in my colour scheme when I make her a card, next to it is the same version, but using muted colours, mounted on some lovely copper card

Since I last blogged I was helping to run the school jumble sale for the 3 year running- you would think I know what I am doing by now! lol... (she says nervously), well each year I try and be more and more uber organised.  It was a fantstic event, with people queing in the playground and managing to raise over £900! Wow our best record yet!

Comments